Pages

31.5.17

My Horse Box Goes Fluorescent Green with The Husk


Road work is inevitable for many equestrians – I included – in accessing the freedom of our bridleways. A huge advocate of being safe and seen, I seldom hack out without hi-viz.

Yet the only hi-viz equine wear Gee Gee and Me have are a tatty old pair of brushing boots with reflective yellow straps. The honest answer to why I don’t own more is comfort. When hacking out I want the flexibility to walk, trot and canter over varying terrain, without the risk of florescent leg bands slipping or a reflective breastplate rubbing.

A common design fault by many companies is the assumption there is only one type of ‘happy hacker’ and The Husk’s Breathe High Viz Tail Bandage included in May’s ‘Go Green’ My Horse Box bucks this trend.

Firstly it is quick and uncomplicated to put on, sliding easily under the tail and securing shut with Velcro. The technology behind The Husk’s renowned fabric allows full air flow meaning no itchy, sweaty tails underneath. As I have come to expect from The Husk the Tail Bandage is feather light and hygienic, simply hose or machine wash and it will dry within minutes ready for the next adventure.

Although small, it is mighty in its design and even on my grey stands out loud and proud when hacking out, if all equine high-visibility was designed like The Husk’s Breathe Tail Bandage with the horse at its heart I am certain we’d wear more!


Thank you My Horse Box, you can buy yours here for £14.00...be safe, be comfortable and be seen.

Jessica & Oscar